Thursday, July 30, 2009

final blog post


Well this is it, the end of the semester. I have had a really great time from working at the Park to the English Language Students, to the classroom portions.
On the last day at maymont we weeded a lot, and I talked with my fellow workers on a lot of things dealing with nature. Of Course I shared my feeling about Japanese mythology and whales. However the most important thing that has culminated with the work I have done at Maymont is going to come in the future. I will visit the park and notice things more, I bet I may even be able to name some of the plants and weeds I see. I Have a new appreciation for the natural world around me. I had always felt really close to nature but now I have a feeling that people and the natural world really are meant to live together. The world is our responsibility just as the world's responsibility is us. This Kinda goes along with the articles we discussed on Buddhism and the words of Pema Chodren. That we are all connected. this may sound hokey but I feel really comfortable in this blog so I will go ahead and say this. If you sit and listen to the world around you and really take in the things you do throughout your day, you can learn so much about the world and why it is important to protect it as well as learn about it.
Today was the last day of class and it really got me thinking: I bet I could have just coasted by without putting much effort into this class, but why would I do that. I learned more in this class than I have all summer. I learned the importance of a leaf and the humble nature of greatness. I am still hoping that Dr Kisstle-ito will let me TA for her sometime because I really want to be involved with showing other students the great things she has to teach. I leave you with an Image of a whale, grey whale to be exact, and if you know me at all you will know why.

Thank you again for reading my rant. This blog is dedicated to Dr Kisslte-ito and those who desire to share their knowledge!!! Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment